Joe and I have been beaten into submission by their livers, so this post-holiday podcast is powered by peppermint tea. In it, we throw around accidental innuendos (in YOUR endo) and explain in painful detail why you can’t get started. Writing your book, that is. Or anything else, in fact. Tune in and find out what’s holding you back, and the simple (but maybe not easy) things you can do to get started. Oh, and this podcast also contains purring.
The RSS feed is here.
- [2:55] Why is getting started so tough?
- [5:00] Do you consider yourself not ‘qualified enough’ to write a book?
- [6:45] If you can easily talk about your business for more than an hour, then you are an expert!
- [7:50] Who are ‘you’ to write a book? Beat that imposter syndrome.
- [10:20] What you know is very valuable. Don’t underestimate yourself.
- [15:15] For example, Vicky would love to read a book about sheep keeping!
- [17:10] What kind of person are you? What do you stand for?
- [19:25] Who are you writing for? What problem are you trying to solve?
- [22:00] Vicky shares examples of how everyday professionals can benefit from writing and selling a book.
- [27:00] What are people googling or searching for? Can you answer those questions in a book format?
- [28:15] Vicky offers a quick recap of what you need to do to get started.
- [28:45] Any questions? Email Vicky!
- [29:40] Vicky and Misty will be hosting a mastermind in San Diego! Come join them.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
If you’ve read my book and you’re ready to take the next step: brilliant. You could join my Small Business Superheroes Inner Circle here.
Want to read the transcript? You can find it here.