It’s rock and roll at The Dingle tonight as Vicky and Joe are drinking peppermint tea. The Dingle features heavily at the start of this episode, but the new staircase is totally relevant to your business. As is storytelling. Yep: we’re on the storytelling train AGAIN and you’d better buckle up and listen in if you want to build the kinds of connections that create raving fans who pay you lots of money for what you do. Tune in to hear Joe’s shock at discovering he’s the sidekick in this podcast – and find out why they’re talking about sidekicks at all. This quirk is easy to jump on – so pour us into your ears and get cracking.
The RSS feed is here.
- [1:35] The stairs are almost finished in the house!
- [2:50] Sometimes, in your business or in your life, it can feel like you’re not getting anywhere.
- [4:55] We are diving into quirk number 3 today!
- [6:10] Facts tell and stories sell!
- [6:55] Why are stories so powerful?
- [8:25] What stories should we be telling?
- [12:15] Your story has to be REAL. Don’t try to fake this.
- [14:55] Whatever stories you tell, it has to make a connection with your audience.
- [15:40] Stories share real experiences, not just facts.
- [17:45]Who are the characters in your story?
- [18:45] When sharing your client’s story, who are the characters in their story?
- [20:10] Richard Branson was told he’d never amount to anything.
- [21:40] You don’t need to have a rags to riches story.
- [24:05] Share something about yourself that’s intimate. You need to create a connection with your reader/listener.
- [26:15] Save the date 26-28th of July! Join Vicky and Misty in Portugal next year!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
If you’ve read my book and you’re ready to take the next step: brilliant. You could join my Small Business Superheroes Inner Circle here.
Want to read the transcript? You can find it here.