Blogging, Brexit, Rupert Murdoch, and the future of video: this podcast has it all. Joe and Vicky are back in the saddle with the final installment of the 7 Quirks of Successful Business Owners series they started approximately 4,873 years ago. Tune in for the scoop on why you need to have your own media platform, which options you can choose from, and what to do if you can’t decide (hint: get yourself an amazing red lippy). Vicky also reveals the launch date of her new book. OooooOOOOOOoooooo!
The RSS feed is here.
- [2:20] Vicky and Joe are back from Christmas break to continue their 7 Quirks podcast series.
- [2:30] Today we’ll be diving into Quirk number 7, which is owning the media!
- [4:00] It’s important to read multiple sources about a certain news topic, even if it’s an opinion you disagree with.
- [4:20] Quick update about Vicky and Joe’s cottage house, The Dingle!
- [5:40] What is classified as ‘media’?
- [11:00] There are a lot of local radio stations who are in desperate need of content!
- [12:00] By the way, Vicky’s new book will be out in March!!!
- [13:10] It’s so important to have your own following outside of social media because they can kick you off it whenever they like.
- [16:10] Vicky has some stats for you on why video is king!
- [17:55] Use your media to build relationships.
- [21:30] Create your own content to build credibility and authority.
- [23:15] Don’t be afraid to repurpose your content on other platforms.
- [25:40] Have questions? Email Vicky!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
If you’ve read my book and you’re ready to take the next step: brilliant. You could join my Small Business Superheroes Inner Circle here.
Want to read the transcript? You can find it here.