Drugs, kids: just say NO! Also say “NO” to things that make you feel small, things that make you feel clammy, and things that you just plain don’t want to do. Join me and Joe as I explain how saying “NO” made me taller, and Joe dispenses the best piece of advice he’s ever offered on this show. Also: there is pride because neither of them managed to electrocute themselves. Hurrah!
The RSS feed is here.
- [0:50] Vicky and Joe are very cold. Their house is filled with gaps.
- [4:20] Let’s talk about the power of ‘no’!
- [5:25] Do you feel like you have to say yes to everything?
- [9:00] We all know people who are chronically negative.
- [15:00] If people know you say yes to everything, you’re training them to keep asking you for things!
- [16:00] If you’re not enthusiastic about doing the task, then say no.
- [18:00] Everything you say yes to is incrementally one more thing to support and you die a death by a thousand paper cuts.
- [24:15] Next time you feel like saying yes, first ask yourself why!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
If you’ve read my book and you’re ready to take the next step: brilliant. You could join my Small Business Superheroes Inner Circle here.
Want to read the transcript? You can find it here.