Joe and I talk about misery tea, tit-lice, and how the effing hell you can possibly come up with a good title for your book (or course or product or anything). We promise you 10 top tips, but only deliver 5 because–somewhat predictably–we ran out of time. Tune in and find out why it’s so tough coming up with titles, why your bookshelf is your friend, and how to rope in friends, family, and clients to help.
The RSS feed is here.
- [1:20] Quick Dingle update! Everything takes longer than you think it will.
- [5:55] Vicky is thinking of ending this podcast. Are you shocked?
- [7:55] When it comes to coming up with a title for your book, that process can take months.
- [9:55] Authors have a lot a pressure coming up with a good and engaging title that attracts attention.
- [11:5] We want a title that feels like ‘us’. We want a title that is unique.
- [12:10] Vicky has ten top tips that she uses for herself and her nonfiction writers.
- [13:20] Look at the titles on your bookshelves!
- [18:30] What book titles tend to jump out at you?
- [20:25] You can find out what keywords people are searching for in your industry through the use of Google Keywords and Amazon Kindle!
- [23:40] Want more tips? Vicky is on Medium!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
If you’ve read my book and you’re ready to take the next step: brilliant. You could join my Small Business Superheroes Inner Circle here.
Want to read the transcript? You can find it here.