Kenda Macdonald has just published her first book and is fizzing with excitement – so I tied her to a chair and made her talk about it. This episode contains angst, truthy stories, a heroic victory, a fantastic idea for selling more copies of your book (or product or thing)… and sad parsnips. If you’re thinking of writing a book but you don’t yet believe you can listen to this.
The RSS feed is here.
- [1:05] What is Kenda’s new book, Hack the Buyer Brain, all about?
- [2:05] What did Kenda struggle with the most about writing this book?
- [4:00] Kenda suffered from imposter syndrome while writing this book and it took a lot to get over that.
- [6:25] Who is Kenda and what does she do?
- [9:00] Kenda had a mental breakdown on the last chapter of her book!
- [11:15] What helped Kenda get unstuck?
- [14:25] How many pre-sale copies has Kenda sold so far?
- [15:45] Kenda describes how she uses the ‘golden ticket’ to promote her book.
- [18:30] Kenda shares why she’s using the UpViral tool to help promote her book.
- [21:40] People have really taken well to the branding of the book and Kenda wants them to get excited about the swag that comes with the book!
- [22:15] Thinking of writing a book? Vicky hopes Kenda’s story inspires you to take action!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
If you’ve read my book and you’re ready to take the next step: brilliant. You could join my Small Business Superheroes Inner Circle here.
Want to read the transcript? You can find it here.