I interview my extraordinarily talented and angelically patient book cover designer, Julia Brown. We talk unnecessary jargon, the virtues of speaking your client’s language, and what makes a compelling book cover. Listen in and you’ll also discover why you need to jump off a cliff (metaphorically speaking) and how to get to grips with the business side of doing what you love.
The RSS feed is here.
- [1:00] Julia describes some of the artwork behind her (sorry podcast listeners!).
- [5:40] What makes Julia different from other designers?
- [8:30] Why did Julia start her own business?
- [11:00] Learning about the business side of things was definitely a learning curve for Julia!
- [13:45] Why did Julia join Vicky’s Superheroes group?
- [18:20] Vicky loves Julia’s work and her amazing book cover designs.
- [19:50] What has Julia’s biggest win been over the last year?
- [22:40] How does Julia handle failures or challenges?
- [26:55] Vicky highly encourages you to join a group of people who will help you through your business journey.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
If you’ve read my book and you’re ready to take the next step: brilliant. You could join my Small Business Superheroes Inner Circle here.
Want to read the transcript? You can find it here.