Joe and I fail to create a xylophone out of glasses and milk bottles, but subject you to the cacophony anyway. Then we dive into this week’s podcast topic: my 10 Commandments of Writing A Book. There’s also a cautionary tale about wearing your glasses in bed, and a bit of a rant about the patriarchy.
The RSS feed is here.
- [2:50] Vicky won her trapeze competition!!!
- [5:35] The Business for Superheros Show will be changing soon!
- [8:50] Commandment number 1 – If you write, you are a writer.
- [11:30] Commandment number 2 – Do not edit as you write.
- [14:35] Commandment number 3 – Create an outline.
- [16:20] Commandment number 4 – Protect your writing time fiercely.
- [18:45] Commandment number 5 – Embrace the first draft.
- [20:25] Commandment number 6 – Do not wait for inspiration to strike.
- 21:40] Commandment number 7 – Understand who you’re writing for.
- [22:25] Commandment number 8 – Give yourself permission to be unapologetically yourself.
- [25:20] Commandment number 9 – Pay attention to the details.
- [27:25] Commandment number 10 – Take criticism with grace and gratitude.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
If you’ve read my book and you’re ready to take the next step: brilliant. You could join my Small Business Superheroes Inner Circle here.
Want to read the transcript? You can find it here.