I was talking to my mate Drayton Bird a couple of weeks ago about what business owners struggle with.
(yes I just dropped his name)
And he told me the biggest problem with today’s copywriters, marketers, and business owners is they don’t study.
Apparently things have changed since his day (he’s ancient and wise) – and I’d have to agree. Most copywriters and marketers don’t study, and it shows.
Anyway – another friend, A-list copywriter and Bread Head Kim Krause Schwalm – who works with people like Jay Abraham, Gary Bencivenga, and some of the biggest names in the direct mail business – is putting on a training event you do not want to miss.
If it wasn’t my birthday weekend, already booked by Joe and my parents, I’d be going myself.
It’s in Washington, DC, so it’s a trek for any non-US folks – but it’ll be worth every penny. And if you’re a US folk, give it serious thought.
It’s called Copywriting Velocity, and here’s what it’s all about:
- It’s a one-of-a-kind, two-in-one event—a Copy Intensive AND a Mastermind, happening March 29-30 in Washington, DC (during the heart of Cherry Blossom season).
- A small, intimate setting where everyone gets personal attention with no more than 24 attendees.
- Day one is a full-day Copy Intensive led by Kim Krause Schwalm, where she’ll share her complete soup-to-nuts system for writing million-dollar promotions—plus she’ll break down some of her most successful controls. You’ll walk away with training and insights from a working, veteran A-list copywriter on research, finding the big idea, headlines, leads, fascinations, offers, and more. (This will be EPIC)
- Day two is a full-day Mastermind with special guests Carline Anglade-Cole, Richard Armstrong, Lori Haller, and Big Jason Henderson. That means we’ll have some of the country’s top copywriters in the room, along with top experts on design and email marketing. (These people earn their clients millions)
- By noon of day two, you’ll have a critiqued, reworked, and greatly improved promo after our morning Copy Critique workshop with Kim and Carline (each attendee can bring a promo or copy that’s in process or a fatigued/weak control that needs reviving or strengthening). (If you’re struggling with a piece of marketing, this is for you – this one piece could make back every penny of your investment fast)
- By the end of day two, you will have heard Kim and her guest experts reveal the best copy, design, and marketing strategies that are working right now for health, financial, supplements, and other niches. You must be in the room for this—recordings of this will NOT be shared!
- We’ll end with Hot Seats where attendees can get personalised suggestions and ideas for whatever business or copywriting challenge they want to focus on (must be one of the first 10 to sign up to be guaranteed one, and they’re going fast, but we’ll fit as many in as we can).
- And we’ll cap everything off with a VIP experience where everyone’s a VIP—we’ll all dine together in a private Chef’s kitchen with Kim and all of her guest speakers and enjoy a 4-course Italian dinner with wine pairings (and a grappa tasting by Kim’s husband, “The Grappa Guy”).
- Your investment in this one-of-a-kind Copy Intensive and Mastermind event includes all your breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and daytime beverages on both days, plus the unforgettable dining experience at the end of day two. But more importantly you’ll leave with actionable strategies and tactics, and even a reworked promotion, that could pay for this event many times over.
You can find out more about this unique event, and sign up at the Copywriting Velocity page here.
When you get there, here’s what to do:
- Hit the big red “reserve my spot” button.
- Add the event to the cart on the new page that opens.
- Hit the “check out” button.
- Enter this code to get another $500 off: VICKY500
- Go ahead and enter your payment details.
Full disclosure: if you book through me, I get an affiliate fee.
If you’ve been on my list for a while, you know I rarely promote other people’s products and services. I only do so when I’ve worked with them personally or I’ve used the product.
I’ve known Kim for a few years now. She was one of the first Bread Heads to come to our Breaking Bread Masterminds. She’s coming to Portugal with us in July. I’ve bought her training programmes before, and learned tons about how to write winning copy from her.
She is an unsung genius in the marketing community (where the loud-mouth men get all the attention!).
Grab your spot now. I know it’ll be worth every penny and more.
About the Author
Please do share any articles from this site in part or in full — as long as you leave all links intact, give credit to the author, and include a link to this website and the following bio. Vicky is a gin-quaffing, pole-dancing, trapeze-swinging copywriter who writes about the perils and joys of writing, velociraptor training, and running a small business. She writes this stuff on her websites vickyfraser.com and cookiesforbreakfast.co.uk. She’s the author of one book (with two more in utero) and teaches small business owners how to write copy that sells, and how to be more fecking interesting. You can follow her on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
PS You might be wondering if I’m just making excuses about why I’m not going myself: I’m not. It’s my 40th birthday that week – quite a big one, I think you’ll agree – and I have longstanding plans with Joe and my family.
Otherwise I’d be there.